Thursday, April 15, 2010

Looking for a German last name Rukerskeiser or similiar spelling- how do i search and see anything close?

The way its spelled now isn't German, so at least use something like Ruckers and there could be an umlaut (don't know what that's called in English, but I mean 2 dots on the u) like: R眉ckers, which is sometimes also spelled as rueckers. And for keiser use kaiser. I've never heard the name u mention, but Ruckers and Rueckers are both names I've heard in The Netherlands and Belgium. And R眉cken means returning in German, so you're looking for a king who kept on coming back... Did u try all the obvious genealogy sites with different spelling?

Looking for a German last name Rukerskeiser or similiar spelling- how do i search and see anything close?
lds.org the mormons are big into geneology
Reply:I took a genealogy class at the library where I do my research. The hand-out I got was Accessing German Records by Karin Marie Kirsch, she is a local resident here, and a fantastic lady that helps me with my research. These are the web sites she listed for us with German background. The last one I can't read the entire site, but it has after the website route.de/linksamml???and the rest is hard to read. My research hasn't gone back that for yet. I know that my maiden name is German, I haven't been to the sites yet. But, I hope this will help. Try different spellings, that always works for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment